Updated: Oct 11
After micro-needling the skin is more permeable than normal due to the pathways micro-needling has created. This post treatment time frame is the perfect opportunity to pass nutrients to the cells in the lower skin layers.
While your skin begins the process of healing itself, rather than continue with your regular skin care routine, I will provide specific individualized post micro-needling aftercare instructions for you following the treatment.
Results can be seen immediately and will continue to improve over the following days.
Follow these steps during the first week:
Please wash and sanitize your hands
1. Cleanser: Use only lukewarm water (not hot or cold) or with a gentle cleanser. Gently dry the treated skin with a paper towel or tissue paper. Do not use sonic or other cleansing brushes for at least a week after your treatment.
2. Vitamin C Serum: Yes, The super powers of Vitamin C! This antioxidant plays an important role in the formation of collagen. I Proudly recommend Timexpert C+ (A.G.E) Pure C Essence by Germaine de Capuccini. This powerful revitalizing serum with PURE Vitamin C will stimulate the synthesis of collagen up to 8 times faster than normal.
How to use:
* Remove foil seal, press cap down to release powder then shake well.
* Remove the stopper and replace with applicator head.
* Apply serum for 10 consecutive days. (Each ampoule lasts for 10 days.)
3. Avoid the Sun. I recommend not using sunscreen for the first 72 hours after a microneedling procedure. After the 72 hours, go crazy with it! lol
Seriously, Why? I know many professionals recommend sunscreen immediately after the procedure but not me! The texture of the sunscreen forms a physical barrier, reflecting or scattering UV waves, but, removing it from the skin requires extra pressure and cleansing that harms the skin. A sunhat or UV face shield could also be used if you are going to be outside for a few short moments.
I proudly recommend INTI - Sunscreen SPF 40
Do not wear makeup! Sorry, but for at least a week refrain from wearing makeup. Understand that your skin is sensitive and healing during this rejuvenation process, so avoid using any products that could irritate it or clog your pores.
Remember to drink plenty of water to hydrate and to help heal your skin faster.
No Swimming, exercise, or vigorous activities that cause sweating.
No Tanning beds.
For more information or if you have any questions feel free to message me.
Book your Microneedling Session!
Mayra Hicks - Medical Esthetician