Updated: Oct 11
Our skin is constantly exposed to external aggressions and it has to defend itself daily from “invisible” enemies such as: harsh environments, pollution, toxins etc. This is why cleansing the face is the most important step.
Daily facial hygiene removes impurities to give the skin a youthful and fresher look. If we avoid this step, our skin would be covered with a thick layer of dead skin and other impurities preventing the skin from breathing and reducing the effect of products applied later.
* When to Cleanse our Face
Twice a day, at night before going to bed and in the morning when getting up.
- Why at night? Because during the day our skin retains all the impurities collected from the environment; air, sun, pollution, etc. While we sleep the skin is purified, cellular renewal takes place and DNA is repaired. It’s important to let this process happen with the skin clean.
- Why in the morning? Because during the night the skin generates lipids and dead cells that you have to remove and start your day with a fresher and healthier skin.
Twice a day is recommended, however, you should also cleanse after doing exercise, swimming, or any physical activity where you are exposed to the environment.
* 3 Simple daily Facial Cleanse Steps to follow
1. Eye and Lip Make-up Remover (If Required)
I recommend a gentle make-up remover because the Eye and Lip areas are delicate parts of your face and these areas require special and gentle attention. Use your favorite Brand if you have one, I recommend:
This product is a highly effective bi-phase formula that gently and quickly eliminates eye and lip make-up, even if the make-up is long lasting and waterproof. Ideal for all skin types, sensitive eyes, and contact lens wearers.
2. Facial Cleanser:
You should know your skin type before you choose a facial cleanser. If you’re unsure, make an appointment at La Qara Skin Bar for a Free Client Consultation and personalized recommendations. Once you know your skin type you can properly choose the best product for your skin. These are some of the products I recommend for the different skin types:
· Dry or normal skin: Typically cream or oil cleansers work best for this skin type. They will allow you to completely eliminate dirt and makeup.
This rich & gentle cleansing milk removes all impurities and makeup traces quickly and effectively but with extreme gentleness. Its delicate ingredients, hydrate, balance, and prevent dryness with anti-ageing action.
· Combination skin: Gel or foam textures are the most suitable and recommended that free the skin from imperfections and makeup without drying it.
An oil-free, fresh, deep cleansing gel for both combination and oily skin types. It’s good for all ages, men and women, suitable for teenage skin too. Reduces excess oiliness, refines the pores and cleanses gently, but deeply.
· Oily skin: This skin type needs the most cleansing because it produces a large amount of lipids (oil) making the skin’s tone dull. The right product types for this category of skin type are gel cleaners or for those suffering acne, soap-free bars.
An oil-free fresh deep cleansing gel for both combination and oily skin types. Good for all ages, men and women, and suitable for teenage skin too. Reduces excess oiliness, refines the pores and cleanses gently, but deeply.
his soap-free bar is designed to cleanse the skin without damaging its protective layer. Good to use from teenage years and upwards to purify the skin, slow down and prevent pustules and leave the skin healthier.
3. Facial Toners:
Don’t underestimate a toner! Toning is the last step of our facial cleanse and is very important because it will remove any excess cleanser and close the pores. It also rebalances the skin’s pH, removes chemicals from harsh tap water which dries out the skin, and prepares the skin for moisturizer. These are some of the products I recommend for facial toners:
This gentle toner containing a high molecular weight of Hyaluronic Acid helps maintain natural hydration within the skin and helps balance the skins pH.
This oil-free toning lotion closes the pores after cleansing, rebalances excess sebum secretion and gently exfoliates the skin providing a sensation of freshness and comfort. Alcohol-free.
* In Conclusion
I love being involved in my client’s goals and helping them achieve the results they expect in their facial and body treatments. I believe that the path to success is a team effort between the Esthetician and Client! If you want to achieve spectacular skin I recommend you visit your esthetician at least once a month. A skin analysis is essential for assessing its condition and recommending necessary treatments. Here at Skin & Silhouette LLC. we offer several deep cleanse treatments. Each facial treatment includes two or more technologies. The luxurious product line by Germaine de Capuccini.
If you need more information please don’t hesitate to contact Skin & Silhouette LLC. and make your appointment by calling or texting 404.638.4404 or Book Now!
I invite you to like and/or follow us on Social Media: